Tuesday 7 May 2013

I Am Amsterdam - Part 1


This week on Miscriant I am leaving Canterbury and Kent behind and turning my sights east to the Netherlands.  A whole week of posts about our weekend break. 

Manston Airport is our local (!) little airport and recently started running flights to Amsterdam.
Only to Amsterdam mind you; you need to go there first to get anywhere else, but once in Amsterdam the world is at your fingertips.

Steve and I thought we would take advantage of the cheap flights and arranged a last minute long weekend away on warmer(ish) shores.  We accidentally managed to choose the weekend of the King's inauguration and the weekend that Ajax won their league.  There was a distinct party atmosphere throughout the city.

It was ridiculously easy to get there.  15 minutes by car to the airport, 35 minutes in the air and then a train and a tram to our hotel.

I could get used to this.

There was so much to do and see and smell (public urinals on the street - urgh) and take in that I could not get them all into one blog post, so instead I will bore you all with a series of 7 blog posts dedicated to this beautiful city of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment