Wednesday 15 May 2013

Fire Onions

I'm not going to claim that this is a recipe.  It's not even original.  My mum always did it and I daresay she wasn't the first and certainly won't be the last! Growing up it was impossible to get hold of a pickled onion in our house that didn't have a little extra fire in it.  As I grew up with these I have always added chilli to shop bought pickled onions.  There is no exact number that goes in- it is normally whenever I remember to use up any chilli's in the fridge that are about to turn.
Around now is the perfect time of year to put this together.  By the time Christmas rears its tinseled head and you want the onions to go in your cold cut turkey sandwiches they will be hot and spicy, sharp and sweet.

Perfect.
I have a slight confession.  I was quite tired when doing these and wasn't paying much attention.  Steve and I have different jars of pickled onions in the cupboard.  I like one brand, he likes another.  I accidentally chillied his onions.  He wasn't happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment