Wednesday 13 February 2013

Ex-Benedict

I get most of my news from Twitter these days and as such quite often it is not broken to me in a traditional sense (thank you Fleet Street Fox and Huffington Post).

This was how I originally heard about the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI at the frail (and frankly impressive) age of 85.  I'm not going get involved with the religious side of the argument (non-practicing Roman Catholic girl here) but given it's been 600 years since a Pope quit rather than walk into his grave still clasping his ferula to his aged and horny (not that way - look up the traditional meaning) breast it's hardly surprising that the media have stirred up quite a storm about it.

In this day and age of instant-access news the memes spread through the internet almost before lighting hit the Basilica. 

This was my favourite.  I don't know which bright spark came up with this but I salute them.  I actually spat coffee at the computer when I saw it yesterday.  Never a good look.
What are your favourite news-inspired memes?  Link them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment